Thursday, May 28, 2015

Finally!!

Folks, sorry it's been a bit since I've said anything about the goings-ons at our home. Truth is, there's rather been a lack of goings-on, hence the silence. I was waiting until we passed final inspection and that FINALLY happened Wednesday, May 13th. We were away in St. Simon's Island for an amazing week celebrating my dear friend's wedding, but Mike was here meeting the inspector. When we came back we started moving tidbits in, but had yet to move the big furniture pieces up because we worked a few days then left town again for another friend's wedding! This week. Moving will happen this week. It has to happen! Meanwhile, everything looks as wonderful as I'd wanted. I'm not all handy-dandy with photo collages and such, so here are some before then after photos.

Coming in the front door and looking left:




From the far corner of the living room:



Looking into the dining room:



Coming up the stairs:



Looking from the top of the stairs towards the front door:



Kitchen shot:



From the corner of the dining room into the kitchen:




Other items that I was very happy with include,


Our built in bench with storage:



The closet-turned-appliance-pantry:




The floors:


(Zara was helping me take pictures.)


The new built-in sideboard with butcher block top:


The appliances:


(Induction cooktop with deck-mounted pot filler. This has already been used immensely!)


(Double ovens! I haven't used both at once yet but it's only a matter of time.)


(Refaced dishwasher but brand new fridge! And that stainless farmhouse sink ain't bad, either.)

The quarter-round shelves added to the right of the sink:


And of course, the counters!!! My loves!










(This part reminds me of a guitar.)

The backsplash:




The pendant lights:



All of the built-in cabinet pullouts have come in very handy:


(trash and recycling)



(pantry)


(pots and pans)


 (spice storage)


Alright, that's it! At least for now...maybe I'll post some new photos once I get some decorating done. But that may not get finished until next year. Happy Summer folks!







No comments:

Post a Comment