Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Bits n Pieces

Please excuse me, as I've only had a little bit of sleep and my thoughts feel like fragmented spiraling pieces...




I can say, despite the fact that Mike (the contractor) is out of town, his very capable main-man, Wayne, is around this week taking care of this and that. Yesterday (Monday), Wayne's brother was here finishing the painting on the trim and doors. Today, there are a few guys here putting up drywall. It's so very refreshing to not see insulation dangling from the ceiling. Just looking at it before was enough to give me a bronchospasm.




Ahhhh, that's better. 
The only holes left in the ceiling are the ones for lights! This entire week has and will be unseasonably rainy and humid, and the first bit of spackling goo has to dry before they can come back with the second layer. Fingers crossed that they're here Wednesday, and able to finish up. And then clean up... I'm near my breaking point with tumbling balls of insulation and dust particles. 
Here's one of the 3M dust catching mats with little piles of debris:


And here's a pile of pieces of everything that Ryan rounded up:


I think he could see that I was freaking out about all the spackling goo going where it oughtn't, and figured he'd clean up what he could. 



Ugggghhhh, whatever. They'll be back tomorrow slinging more of that crap around. I'll be downstairs, drinking some wine, pretending everything is pristine until Mike comes back and cleans it up.



Meanwhile, before I popped the cork:

-I called to see where the hell our new dishwasher panel was. It was supposed to arrive by March 6th at the latest, and we've yet to see it. The lady with Home Depot hasn't seen it either; in fact, they don't even know when they're going to get it. Fan-freaking-tastic. "Call back in a couple days and we'll see if it's on the truck." Yeah, sure thing, Janice, thanks for all your help.

-Washed sheets, bought shampoo, and removed toe nail polish (hey, every little thing counts!).

-Picked up our pot filler! It's beautiful! And heavy! And I love it!

-What else do I love??? Our countertops! I went to Ceramic Harmony today, and they had all the slabs laid out so I could tell them which bits to use where.

The top part is the sink cut out, and the bottom is for the non-bar peninsula:


This is the bar peninsula, with the proposed paint color and backsplash (lighter gray tile on the left):


And here's the center piece where the cooktop cut out will go:


BrOwN FaNtAsY, y'all! And we ended up needing all three slabs...hopefully they'll work something out so we don't get charged too much extra. Eeeeek!

Other Tuesday successes include a yoga class and celebrating one of our charge nurse's 40-year work anniversary. Congratulations Mary Ella! We love you...and you can never leave.



Tomorrow's goals include sleep and maybe another yoga class. Anything above and beyond that will be considered extraordinary, and will be rewarded with cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment