Sunday, February 22, 2015

Day 4: Subfloor is down! Half wall is framed! And electrical work has begun! The electricians got a good head start today, but will be back Friday to finish up. I imagine installing 15 can lights, amidst rearranging cords and switches, will take a while. The plumber will be here Friday as well, and should knock out his stuff in a few hours. They put some insulation up in the ceiling's open space, so that should help with it not being quite so cold inside (it was 12 degrees outside today and maybe 30 inside-Brrrr!).



I got to Sherwin-Williams today and bought 4 sample colors, then put them up on several walls. I didn't do this until the afternoon so I'll recheck the colors throughout the day tomorrow to see what they look like in different light. I found a faucet and pot filler that I think will work, but they're a bit over budget...again, I'm falling in love with things beyond the allotted amount. Just a note: if you're considering pot filler, there are many more wall mount options than deck mount options. The half wall would not suit a wall mount, so I'm looking at deck mounts, and their price can get ridiculous!


 I really thought I'd like the grey on the far right ("Pelican"), but it's looking more lavender than grey. I think the middle color ("April Sky") may be our winner for most of the walls, and then doing the bottom color ("Languid Blue") to cover that red in the dining room. Thoughts? Recommendations? 

No comments:

Post a Comment