Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Snow Day!

Wednesday February 25th brought us snow...eventually. And we're glad for it! Ryan got the whole day off and I didn't have to work, but the electricians did get in a lot of work today before the flurries started falling. 

All our can light and pendant spots are wired (4 holes running parallel). 


Switches are where they're supposed to be. And the big wires are in place for appliances. 


While they were wrapping up, Ryan and I ran to Ceramic Harmony. I had just received an email saying that the few slabs of Fantasy Brown from Stone Connection in Atlanta had arrived. We'll end up having 75 square feet of countertop, which equates to  needing at least 2 slabs. There were 3, and they were all in a sequence (cut from the same block of stone), which means the slabs will be better matched color-wise. I could only see the surface of the first, but it looks beautiful. We also looked at backsplashes, and we may have a top contender here as well.

That's our sample door with a small piece of Fantasy Brown, and we like the bottom blue/grey tile for backsplash. The floor color is not what we're thinking, but we brought it along just to solidify that decision.

When we got home, the work crew was gone, but Ryan was able to sand down the storage bench, while I continued to research faucets. Cabinets are set to arrive for layout on Friday (again, weather permitting) and then we'd be templating for the counters on Monday. In order to template, you need to know appliances (namely, cooktop) and fixtures. No final decision on faucet or pot filler has been made but major narrowing down has occurred. Yesterday's successes included buying appliances! I went to Bob Wallace and their price was comparable to the better online prices I had seen. 


Kitchenaid 30" Induction cooktop:

Induction guys! I'm super excited about the possibilities...of having less crap get stuck on my cooking surface. The induction magic works by way of magnetic technology (that's as much as I understand it), and your pot starts boiling water in minutes but the cooking surface is barely warm to the touch! And see those two eyes on the left? They have "a bridge." Meaning, I could start making things on a griddle. If I had one...and if I knew how to. But hey! At least now I have that option.

And our ovens are Maytag 30" wall ovens, one with convection and one without (let's be real, I am not a master baker in need of TWO convecting ovens!):


Today ended with Ryan and I walking in a winter wonderland, all the way down to Ben and Kathryn's house. Claire enjoyed playing in the snow. And then we met up with Tamra and Kiel, and their daughter Caroline. After which, we all walked down to a carved wooden totem-pole height bear wherein the 3-and-under crowed started growling ferociously. 







People sledding down Willowbrook:


Here's the driveway we won't be going up tomorrow:


Beautiful day! Big shout out to all my L&D coworkers who have to hold down the fort tonight. I hope there aren't too many ladies trying to have their baby on Snowmageddon 2015 so you get to go out and play a little!

No comments:

Post a Comment