Friday, February 27, 2015

Ho Hum..."Maybe next week"

"Maybe next week" and "sometime next week" has been the remodel motto the past few days. This big snow we got really put the brakes on anything getting done during the latter part of the week. The cabinets were supposed to get delivered to our contractor...but the snow held up the delivery truck. I wanted to go pick out floor samples with the people who will be doing the floors...but the sign on the door said "we will reopen as soon as the weather permits." (My thought: I just drove to your doorstep...weather is permitting...) I tried to solidify faucet and pot filler decisions...but that local supplier is also closed related to the snow. We didn't have a single inspector come by this week...because the first places to close related to weather will be government-type offices. As much as I enjoyed walking through the snow with the love of my life, I think I'm good on the white stuff for a while. Let's keep this house stuff moving, and then I'll have a little more flexibility in my opinions of the weather. And since the only news to report from here is regarding snow, you get to look at snow pictures:


(Our back deck the night of Snowmageddon)


Ryan shoveling the driveway on Thursday before all the snow refreezes that night:







Zara and Giada have not been outside since we moved to the new house. We thought we'd be safe from them trying to make a run for it seeing as how the snow would keep them from making it very far.




All that construction noise has stressed Giada out; she is considering her escape options.





And today (Friday), the girls are practicing their synchronized bathing routine,



and I'm reluctantly getting ready for work.


See you on Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment